Take part in this years growing competition. Who can grow the longest runner bean! Enter now first 20 entries are free after that it's 30p to enter! Please see rules in Description. Use code COMP17 to get free Seed & Free delivery
|Germination||14 - 21 Days|
|Sowing Method||Direct to Ground|
|Days to Maturity||75 - 95 Days|
Who can grow the longest runner bean? Everyone will get seeds from the same batch number only 10 seeds per packet. Some important notes and rules:
1. If you take part closing date to submit your entry is 1st of September 2017
2. To enter simply purchase or get a free packet of seed (if your lucky enough to claim a packet) and then document your progress. Photos MUST be provided for sowing, planting up (if you do this step), photo of crop on the plant and then finally a photo BEFORE harvest and your chosen longest bean taken with a tape measure.
3. All photos MUST be uploaded to Facebook all final entries MUST be submitted to our Facebook page.
4. Winners will be chosen on the 3rd of September 2017.
5. 1st place prize will win Spear & Jackson Secateurs Set and £10 worth of seed. 2nd Place will win Pruning Sheers and £5 worth of seed. 3rd Place will win £5 worth of seed.
Good Luck. Any questions please feel free to get in touch or drop us a message on facebook.com/growseeduk/
About the Enorma Bean
[75 days] A long-standing British favourite, the Enorma Runner Bean is known for its superior flavour, vigour, high yield, and exceedingly beautiful pods. Really! These beans grow so beautifully you’ll want to show them off to someone, if only your neighbor. The pods mature 12-16 weeks from sowing and can grow up to 50cm (20in) long. Purple-seeded with red flowers, Enorma has been recommended by the National Institute of Agricultural Botany and has also won the RHS Award of Garden Merit.
Excellent for freezing.
Also recommended by the National Institute of Agricultural Botany.